Friday, April 3, 2009

MOVIN' ON UP!

Well, we had a sonogram and saw the doctor on Tuesday last week... and he moved up the induction! Miss Parker will be joining us on Wednesday, April 8!

At the 37 week sonogram last week, Parker weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz already. Ouch! The sonogram tech also mentioned what a large head she had... thanks for that! But anyway, there is no more room in my belly for Parker to stay for 3 more weeks. Doctor said that if we waited until my actual due date of the 23rd she would weigh over 10 lbs - no thank you!

I see my doctor again on Tuesday afternoon and he has me scheduled to check in the hospital that evening. All depends on whether or not my cervix is working on preparing itself. The actual induction will begin early Wednesday morning. I am definitely getting nervous - mostly about the pain and the unknown, not about being a mom.

Today was my last day of work and I am planning on spending most of the weekend getting any last minute things done around the house. My parents and Scott's mom will arrive on Tuesday - they are all very excited! Scott will be home all next week (they are playing in Corpus) so that will be great for him, the timing is much better. Parker must have wanted her daddy to be around!

We'll put up some pictures as soon as we can!

3 comments:

The Morris Family said...

OMG! So exciting! I am wishing you a smooth easy labor. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your precious Parker!

Unknown said...

We are praying for you and are quite pumped up her in Michigan!! Best of luck and we are thinking of both of you and Parker!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Can't wait to see pics of precious Parker! Congratulations!!