Friday, October 3, 2008

First Ultrasound

most of you have already received this via email but for those who haven't... read on...

well at 11 weeks 5 days, we had our first ultrasound yesterday! finally! everything's great. the baby's heartbeat was good and it was moving around like crazy for a while. we have a pic of it waving at us. you could see the hands and even the fingers!

the doc was trying to take some pics for an early screening for downs but the baby decided it was done moving around. we tried pushing on my belly and coughing but no go - it was done moving. now scott thinks it's a girl b/c it was being stubborn like me. anyhow, i have to go back next week for another ultrasound so they can try to get the right pics. i don't mind - i get to see the baby again! looks like after that my next ultrasound will be around thanksgiving - that's when we'll find out the sex. i think it'll be a girl too - only b/c i don't have a girls name pinned down. who knows - as long as it's healthy.

that's all really. my doc was worried about my thyroid but my levels came back normal so that's good. he'll test it again in 4-8 weeks. and, i haven't gained any weight!! i'm actually down 7-10 pounds! but my belly is starting to pooch a little i think (maybe it's just in my head). doc isnt' worried about the weight though - he said if i haven't gained any by my next appt (10/31) then he'll tell me to have a shake a day - i think i can do that!!

there's your update on baby malone. hopefully i'll be posting the ultrasound pics later!

11 comments:

papa-1 said...

oh yeh---daddy scott is probably right!!! girl, stubborn like its mom and probably a little like mom's dad and pretty like mom's mom.

papa-1

The Morris Family said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! SO, excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lee and Scott,

Congratulations!! Hope you are all doing well and wish you all the best. Take care and keep us posted on the progress.
Again, congratulations
Jerry K -UNLV

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you!!! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Coach Malone. Be careful with comments like "stubborn like her mom"... those kind of remarks can come back to haunt you... for 20 years at a time!

As the proud papa of three girls (and they are all like their Mom) I can tell you that it's a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm excited for you guys. Best wishes, Liam.

Unknown said...

we're a month behind you. I am thinking boy, not moving could be like dad napping!
Ott

Anonymous said...

would love to see some sonogram pixs.

papa-1

Anonymous said...

lee and scott:

keep juju updated --can't wait to hear more---got to be a boy to play baseball---

love ya

juju

Anonymous said...

Lee & Scott,

This is my third try--it either works or I am sending you a card! Congratulations from both Lou & I. We are very excited for you both and hope that you have a healthy and happy baby boy or girl. It will be as beautiful a baby as both of its parents. Hope you are feeling better, Lee. I had terrible all-day sickness, so I feel for you. One of my friends told me that balancing your ph would get rid of that--talk to your doctor if you are still feeling bad. Take care!

Lou & MK

Cass said...

hard to believe that is my little nephew or niece in the sonogram pictures.....AMAZING